- Did I make someone giggle, smile or laugh today?
- Did I take the time to really listen to someone today, with rapt attention, as if nothing else mattered in that precious moment but the words they spoke and the look in their eyes?
- Did I allow myself to focus on all the blessings in my life today instead of contemplating the things I don’t have?
- Did I take a moment to imagine what I would like to experience in my life, if for no other reason than in the imagining, is the living, and in the living, comes the joy and delight?
- Did I let go today, let go of resentments and unforgivingness that I have been holding onto, all the while realizing that another person may be wounded too and struggling with their own pain?
- Did I keep my word today, no matter how simple a promise I may have made, knowing it meant a whole lot to someone else?
- Did I make a conscious choice just to be happy today, no matter what is happening in my own life, just for the next moment, and the next moment and the next?
- Did I stop caring about what other people think of me, and give myself permission to be who I am regardless of their good opinion of me or not? Did I set myself free today just by doing that?
- Was I successful in noticing and appreciating the bounty before me wherever I went or was I just too busy or lost in my own thoughts to notice?
- Did I contribute something beautiful to the world today? A new creation of some kind, a poem, a dinner, a dance?
- Was I kind today to anyone or anything that crossed my path, no matter how trivial or how monumental? Did I give away my heart?
- Is one person richer because of me today, because of my presence on the planet, my essence, my decision to keep on going no matter what?
- Did I learn something new today, something about life, something about myself, something about another that I didn’t know before?
- Did I let go of my attachment to being right today, and open my mind to the possibility of another way, without judgement?
- Will someone sleep better tonight because of me? Will they awaken in the morning believing in themselves again, and walk with their head held high?
- Was I the answer to someone’s prayers today?
- If today was to be my last day on the planet, would I feel happy about how I lived it?
Veronica Hay is the author of In a Dream, You Can Do Anything.
Elina’s thought: Or are they questions for the beginning of the day?